Saturday 28 March 2009

Think Before You Speak - Cashier

"But what now? I don't know why I care; I guess it was just a little shocking. But is it weird that whenever I think of steroids being passed around I first think "that's so gay*" but then I wonder if the dealer tells the guy, in the immortal words of "Juice" "Yo, you got the juice now" because I think that would just be awesome.

*p.s. I really like those commercials but I hate that the made the message into a rhyme- i think the rhyming kind of makes it seem less serious and grown up, at least to me it makes it seem more playful and frivolous. I mean "when you say that's so gay/ do you realize what you say?" it sounds like a nursery rhyme. But I love in this commercial how the blonde girl says "why are you saying 'that's so Emma and Julie'?" the way she says the line is so queer and campy and fabulous and makes me laugh.

Also I know we now live in a 24 hour news cycle where it's all about getting the story out first but talk about a news dump! I mean you release a story on Saturday morning! What happened to Sunday night or Monday morning so it has a full news cycle and the attention of people bored in the office."

*Thanks a Jacqui.

2 comments:

  1. Very good commercial! I don't have the habit of saying that...fortunately!!...but I used to in Spanish when I was in my teenager years and maybe even my early 20's...Now it kills me, because a good friend told me a couple of years after that he was gay...and well...I love him, anyway...nothing changed....
    Besos!!

    ReplyDelete